Thursday, September 29, 2011

RFI revisited, N5I and TXQP

Where to start?  If you read my earlier post about having RFI on my transmitted signal on 40 meters, I led you astray.  I said it was my receive antenna that was causing the issue.  Truth be known, after replacing every piece of coax in the system, most of it needed replacing anyway, the problem turned out to be the connection from my transceiver to my signalink usb unit.  When I would run the amplifier on 40 meters rfi was king!  I disconnected the usb unit based on a suggestion I received over the air one night and low and behold the issue is behind me.  So nice to have this learning experience resolved.

N5I
The 3rd annual observance of the land fall of hurricane Ike and the rebirth of Galveston Island is behind us.  I did not get to operate as much as last year.  The four letter word, work, got in the way.
 The first batch of qsl cards went out in today's mail.  I hope to have them all mailed in the next few days.  Thanks to all of you who responded to my calls.

Texas Qso Party
The Texas QSO party was last weekend.  (I am glad that the 40 meter rfi issue was resolved.)  As always it was a lot of fun.  Even visiting with the Troll who commented about my audio on 20 meters was, all things considered, fun.  I made over 900 contacts during the contest for my best ever finish.  But, we will see how it looks when the contest robot finishes looking at my log. I had a surprising number of duplicate contacts call me.  But what the heck.  Into the log they went.  Surprising openings on 15 and 10 meters.
I hope I had the chance to give you Galveston County.

Until next time.
73 and Good dx
Leslie, ad5wb
Galveston Island, Texas

No comments:

Post a Comment