Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Museum Ship Weekend Revisited

In July, I attended the Texas City hamfest put on the the Tidelands Amateur Radio club, TARS.  I think this year was the 20th year for the hamfest.
While there, I ran into some of the group from BVARC, the Brazos Valley Amateur Radio Club.  They are the group that activated the USS Stewart and the USS Cavala for at least the last two years of the Museum Ship Weekend.
Bill was kind enough to give me copies of the qsl cards that were used for this years activation.
I want to share those cards with you. 


The radio room on the sub is incredibly small.




So, if you did not have a chance to work either the USS Stewart or the Cavalla this year, these are the cards.  If all goes as planned, you should have the opportunity to work them next year.

73, Good DX, and Good Propagation
Leslie, AD5WB
Galveston Island, Texas

No comments:

Post a Comment