Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Iota Continued

Well, the contest is over.  It was fun.  I operated until around 2:00 AM local time.
My receive antenna was part of what was causing the rfi.  It was so bad, even with the coax choke, that the antenna was unusable.  A shame.  The idea of the antenna was to lower the static level on 40 meters.  The static at night on my vertical on 40 meters was s7 - 9.  I did not make as many contacts on 40 this year with island stations as I did last year.  I could not hear them.
Overall, I made more contacts this year but fewer with island stations.
I will find out in a few months how I did.
Of course I need to turn in my log first!

What next?  the Hawaii QSO party  at the end of August.

73 and good dx
Leslie AD5WB
Galveston Island, Texas

PS
I actually heard the ST0R group fairly loud last evening, on 20 meters.
Wish they were that loud tonight, HI
73

No comments:

Post a Comment